The Travels of a Cell Phone - Where Might It End Up?

Recently I read an article about a group of students from the UBC was to Guyana for the investigation of electronic scrap. Their investigations on what to do with the pier of the industrialized countries and donated electronics. The surprise came in a hard drive containing information about several million dollars from the defense. They bought the device with the orders of the Pentagon, the Department of Homeland Security, military and Northrop Grumman, the contractor, it cost only forty U.S. dollars.

This has me thinking. Last year the city of Vancouver has a new depot for the recycling of all electronic devices. Seems pretty easy, except that I fast, I do not think that television, where I use my computer and cell phone. It is a day frustrating. It teaches over and over again not to leave anything on the hard drive, if I in my electronic recycling, I downloaded a free software on the Internet, and delete all my hard drive of your computer. I lost my mobile phone. I think a large number of personal data, pictures and files on my smartphone. I never thought of the hard disk, if I am last month. I never considered what happens after the submission of the recycling. If my phone is in the hands of whom? The fact that this story is a warning to all, delete, including your cell phone, and tell your local representatives of the development of your recyclable materials.

The export of electronic waste is technically prohibited in international treaties, nor that often ends at the position of container ships in the developing countries. The African continent is a dumping as well as China and India. Many of us do not know the way to our e-waste. Guyana, especially the parts that are still actively sold in the market, while the rest is in a depression in the vicinity. Landfills are essentially toxic areas where the earth is burned. The noise of the children by fragments of plastic, metal and glass, to copper wiring to sell less than half a cent per kilogram. The other parties burned and melted, creating fumes and waste from the dozens of people thoudsands.

At the moment there are thousands of kilograms of electronic waste in the recycling depots in the province of British Columbia Everyone wants to have the latest computer, television or mobile phone, which means the mail has donated or recycled. If it is ultimately in the hands of someone in your region, country or even halfway around the world. If it is recycled, the recycling stations are still not able to fully vent the most electronic devices, and send other stations remnants remains in other countries in managing their moods.

Remember, if you the next time you have a cell phone or a computer. You must complete all the hard disks, computer and mobile phone. Also think about the old end, and the danger? Once the left hand, it is easy to think that your to Mother Nature. In reality, however, are much more determination and the search for a real impression of the world today. Good luck to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment